- Kasturi assumes the responsibilities of co-Program Director of the Genetics and Genomic Sciences major at UAB.
- Brian starts his postdoc at UNC, Chapel Hill
- Kasturi obtains the prestigious Wellcome Trust-DBT India Alliance Senior Fellowship. She will move her currently NIH funded laboratory at UAB to Ashoka University, Delhi NCR, India, starting Jan 2022. Currently, she can be reached at email@example.com for open postdoctoral and other research positions available at her Ashoka lab. Computational biologists will also find shovel ready projects to take digs at. She will accept graduate trainees for PhD through the Biology PhD program at ashoka.edu.in/page/phd-bio-105
- Kasturi is invited to deliver a seminar at Duke, Nicholas School of the Environment, on Feb 3rd, 2022. She will talk about her lab's discovery and characterization of mitochondrial priming of stem cells. This fall, she will also deliver seminars in the UAB departments of Genetics (home) and Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics (invited).
- Welcome postdoctoral scientists, Swati Agarwala and Sukhamay Dhabal, to the lab! Swati obtained her masters and PhD from Mysore University as a DST-INSPIRE Fellow. Sukhamay obtained his masters from Presidency College, Calcutta and PhD from NIT, Durgapur. Each of them bring in distinct expertise to the lab.
- Our research gets featured in NIEHS newsletter.
- Welcome Mayank Saini as a PhD candidate. Mayank is interested in aging and cancer, and in learning microscopy.
- Welcome Adheesh as an ASP scholar. Adheesh will help us get started with the breast cancer project.
- Welcome Bharti as a PhD candidate. Bharti brings in her interest in immunity. She will use the Drosophila model in getting us on that path.
- Kasturi led Ashoka University in teaming up with Cote d'Azur University for obtaining French Government funding for FRENCH-INDIAN LIFE SCIENCES CAMPUS FOR HEALTH
- Welcome Yoshita as a PhD candidate. Yoshita wants to study impact of light on Drosophila stem cells.
- CONGRATS to Swati on her selection as a DBT- RA. Well deserved!